18 November to 24 November 2019 (Week 47)
NB: Nomination forms for the election of the club’s Office Bearers for 2019/2020 must be with the Secretary by Tuesday 19 November. The Club’s AGM is on Thursday 21 November at 19h30
What’s on the running calendar for the week
Monday 18 November to Sunday 24 November 2019
- 21 Nov – Club’s AGM – Clubhouse
The Annual General Meeting of the Pinelands Athletic Club will be held in the club house starting at 19h30
- 23 Nov. –Mitchells Plain 21k/10k – Mitchells Plain
The 21k starts at 06h00 and the 10k at 06h15 both start from the Rocklands Sports Complex off Weltevreden Road. Entries will be taken at the start.
This is the last club long incentive run for 2019.
- Sat 23 Nov. – Die Vlakte 42k/21k/10k – Heidelberg
Every year there is a group on Pinelands runners taking on these rather challenging runs.
Saturday morning in Edgemead was windy from start to finish. However, this did not stop 1340 from finishing the 10km in the wind. The numbers are down from last year, in fact, according to the WP officials the numbers in general for the year are down. Nancy (2nd) and Marlene (3rd) visited the podium in their age category.
In Ceres on Saturday it was a nice hot day (no wind). Jacky Misroll was third lady overall and first in her age category.
- The Bottelary 21k/10k – 1st December has been cancelled
- Entries for Two Oceans open as from Monday 18 November. Blue and Yellow numbers in both 56k and 21k will open on Monday. There will be two ballot draws for both 56k and 21k starting on Tuesday 19 Nov. All the details are on the Two Oceans webpage. Entry for the 56km is R575.00 and is capped at 13000. Entry for the 21km is R275.00 and is capped at 16000 The Two Oceans Trail Runs are under review at present. Good luck with the ballots.
- The Bay to Bay 30km+15km (19 Jan 2020) is online entry only. Entries are open until 1 December or 5500 runners. Entries are with webtickets.
- Online entries for the Velocity 21km (14 Dec.) close on 9 December with Top Events. Late entries will be taken on the day.
- Online entries for the Sundowner 10km (18 Dec.) close 11 December with Top Events. Entries will be taken on the day.
- Online entries for the Manor House 16k+8K (26 Dec.) close on 15 December with Entry Time. Cash entries will be taken at Sportsman’s Warehouse (Rondebosch) on 21 December. Entries will also be taken on the day.
- Onlne entries for the Runner’s Memorial (31 Dec) close on 27 December with Webtickets. Entries will be taken on the day.
- The Red Hill 42/36 (25 Jan 2020) entries are open at Racetraq. Entries will be taken on the day.
- Don’t forget The Hohenort 15km is on Sat 11 January 2020. Save this date !!
- Don’t forget the slow 10km group runs for the “not so fast runners” 18h00 on Mondays and Wednesdays starting at the club.
- Run For a Child – 30 Nov. Vista Nova High School Pinelands. 6am to 6pm – 1km loop see www.runforachild.co.za
PLEASE DO NOT LITTER – if you see runners littering remind them about this and/or report them to the race officials.
NB!! You are reminded about the club’s appeal for assistance with:
- Transporting the club’s gazebo to the race events.
- Assisting with the time keeping of the weekly time trials.
- Respecting the neighbours of the club when leaving the clubhouse at any time of the day or night by keeping the noise level down.
- If you can assist in any way please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
Weekly club group runs:
- Monday to Friday at 05h15 (10-12km) from the BP garage on Forest Drive (the pace is fairly quick)
- Monday, Wednesday and Friday at 05h30 (about 10km) a slower group meet in the parking area opposite the bowling club in St Stephens Road.
- Mondays at 18h00 from the club – 10km around Pinelands, there will be a slower pace (1hr20) group as well.
- Tuesdays at 18h00 – Hill Repeats. (Meet at the club)
- Wednesday at 18h00 from the club – 12km to UCT- there will be a slower paced (1hr30) group as well.
- Thursdays at 18h00 – 5km + 2.5km Time Trials at the club.
- At times special group runs are arranged, for info send your name and cell number to firstname.lastname@example.org
Your name will be added to the Pinelands Running Club “WhatsApp” group.
Training with Mercia:-
- General training – Meet 18h00 – Mondays at the club.
- Core and stretching exercises Tuesdays at 18h00 Pinelands Civic Hall (Next to the tennis courts)
- Hill and Speed Training on Wednesdays at 18h00 at the club.
Fixtures for November/ December 2019
23 Nov – Mitchells Plain 21km + 10km (21km Club Incentive)
27 Nov – Niel Joubert 12km (Paarl)
30 Nov – Phoenix 10km
01 Dec – Bottelary 21k+10k (Cancelled)
04 Dec – Tall Monument 10km (Paarl)
07 Dec – Avbob 15km (Table View)
07 Dec – Prison to Prison 42k/21k (Brandvlei)
14 Dec – Velocity 21k/10k
16 Dec – Reconciliation Day 10km (RCS Gugs)
18 Dec – Sundowner 10km (Waterfront)
21 Dec. – Onrus 10km
26 Dec – Tokai Manor House 16k /8k
31 Dec – Danger Point (Gansbaai) 21k
31 Dec – Runner Memorial 8km ( Green Point)
Forthcoming Road Events/ Trail Runs which can be entered on line now:
23 Nov = MP Titans 21k/10k see webtickets On the day also.
30 Nov = Phoenix 10km see webtickets or on the day
30 Nov = Run for a Child – Vista Nova High School,
Pinelands see www.runforachild
03 Dec. = Twilight 5km Run (Grand Parade) www.comchest.org.za
04 Dec = Taal Monument 10km online entrytime close on 29 Nov. Enter on the day
18 Dec. = Sundowner 10km see Topevents.
21 Dec = Onrus 10km online entrytime close 18 Dec enter on the day.
31 Dec = Danger Point (Gansbaai)
04 Jan 2020 = Beachcomber 15km (Strandfontein)
11 Jan 2020 = Hohenort 15km
19 Jan 2020 = Bay to Bay 30k/15k see Webtickets
25 Jan 2020 = Red Hill 42k/36k see Racetraq.
16 Feb 2020 – Cape Peninsula 42k/21k see Topevents
01 March 2020 – Kilimanjaro 42k/21/5km see
14 March 2020 – Om Die Dam 50km /21k see
05 July 2020 – Vic Falls Marathon see vicfallsmarathon.com