20 January to 26 January 2020 (Week 04)
WELCOME TO THE NEW MEMBERS
What’s on the running calendar for the week
Monday 20 January to Sunday 26 January
Sat. 25 Jan – RED HILL 42km + 36km Fish Hoek
Both these events start at 05h30 at the Fish Hoek Athletic Club. Online entries are closed, however late entries will be taken at the start.
You can change from 42k to 36k or from 36k to 42k. The marshals at the split of 36k and 42k will issue the appropriate sticker if you wish to change. Both the 36k and 42k are the first of the club’s long incentives of the year.
Sun 26 Jan – Two Oceans Training Run – Edgemead.
Details regarding venue, times and distance will be published on the Two Oceans Web page on about Wednesday. Please note you will need to RSVP and sign an Indemnity form.
The Couch to Ten training program which started last Monday has been very well supported. Not only by beginners but by a number of club members as well.
Once again the correct decision was made but unfortunately a race had to be cancelled.
The Bay to Bay 30km/15km on Sunday morning had to be called off at the last minute due to the very strong winds. Before this announcement was made there were a number of runners who said that they were not prepared to run in such adverse weather.
- The Red Hill 42/36 (25 Jan 2020) entries are open at Racetraq. Entries will be taken on the day.
- Online entries for the Firgrove Challenge 21km +10km (1 Feb.) are with Topevents which close on 26 Jan. In store entries at Sportsman’s are now closed.
- Online entries for 27 Freedom (8 Feb) are with Topevents (Close 2 Feb) Instore at Sportsmans (Close 26 Jan.) No entries on the day.
- Dan Luyt 15km (9 Feb.) enter with Webtickets entries will be taken on the day.
- Peninsula Marathon + 21km (16 Feb) entries are with Topevents until 9 Feb. Instore at Sportsman’s until 2 Feb. Pre-entries only
- Cango Caves 21km+ 42Km (22 Feb). Online entries are with Entrytickets.net close on 7 Feb. No late entries.
- Entries for the Slave Route Challenge 10km + 21km (23 Feb.) are open at Webtickets and close on 9 Feb. No late entries.
- Entries for a new marathon on the calendar (Hemel&Aarde Marathon 29 Feb.) are open and is limited to 2000. The marathon starts in Caledon and finishes in Hermanus. Online entries only. See Entry Ninja.com
- Online entries for the Century City 10km (29 Feb) can be done with Webtickets.(close 23 Feb) Pre entry only
- Online entries for the Constantia Village 15km (7th March) close on 29 Feb www. racetraq. Late entries will be taken subject to availability.
- Entries for the Weskus 42km/21km/10km (14 March) in Langebaan are open at Webtickets.(close 9 March)
- The Meiringspoort 21km + 12.5km is on 10 Oct. Loyalty entries open 30 May which is for those who have run the Meiringspoort before. Entries for newcomers open on 6 June, but not for too long (an hour or so?) Entries are limited.
- The TygerRun/Walk (21 March) enter with Topevents (close 11 Mar.) and at Sportsmans Warehouse (close 9 Mar.)
2020 Fixtures – January February and March
Sat 25 Jan – Red Hill 42km + 36km (Club Incentives)
Wed 29 Jan – Curro Brackenfell 10km
Sat 1 Feb – Firgrove Challenge 21km + 10km + 10k walk (Club Incentive 10km + 21km)
Sat 8 Feb – Top Form 10km
Sun 9 Feb – Dan Luyt 15km (Durbanville) (Club Incentive)
Wed 12 Feb – Sanlam 10km
Sun 16 Feb – Peninsula Marathon 42km + 21km (Club Incentive 21km + 42km)
Sat 22 Feb – Cango Caves 42km +21km (Oudtshoorn)
Sun 23 Feb – Slave Route Challenge 21km + 10km
Sat 29 Feb – Century City 10km
Sat 29 Feb – Hemel & Aarde 42km (Caledon to Hermanus)
Sun 1 Mar – Milkwood 21k/10k
Wed 4 Mar – Lighthouse 10km
Sat 7 Mar – Constantia Village 15km + walk (Club Incentive)
Sun 8 Mar – Knysna Heads 42km /21km
Sat 14 Mar – LCE Weskus 42km/21km/10km (Langebaan) (Club Incentive 21km + 42km)
Sat 21 Mar – Tyger Run/Walk 21km/10km
Sat 28 Mar – Ravensmead 15km
Sun 29 Mar -Tygerberg 30km ( Big Mama) (Club Incentive)
PLEASE DO NOT LITTER – if you see runners littering remind them about this and/or report them to the race officials.
NB!! You are reminded about the club’s appeal for assistance with:
- Transporting the club’s gazebo to the race events.
- Assisting with the time keeping of the weekly time trials.
- Respecting the neighbours of the club when leaving the clubhouse at any time of the day or night by keeping the noise level down.
- If you can assist in any way please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
Weekly club group runs:
- Monday to Friday at 05h15 (10-12km) from the BP garage on Forest Drive (the pace is fairly quick)
- Monday, Wednesday and Friday at 05h30 (about 10km) a slower group meet in the parking area opposite the bowling club in St Stephens Road.
- Mondays at 18h00 from the club – 10km around Pinelands, there will be a slower pace (1hr20) group as well.
- Tuesdays at 18h00 – Hill Repeats. (Meet at the club)
- Wednesday at 18h00 from the club – 12km to UCT- there will be a slower paced (1hr30) group as well.
- Thursdays at 18h00 – 5km + 2.5km Time Trials at the club.
- At times special group runs are arranged, for info send your name and cell number to firstname.lastname@example.org
Your name will be added to the Pinelands Running Club “WhatsApp” group.
Training with Mercia:-
- General training – Meet 18h00 – Mondays at the club.
- Core and stretching exercises Tuesdays at 18h00 Pinelands Civic Hall (Next to the tennis courts)
- Hill and Speed Training on Wednesdays at 18h00 at the club.