8 July to 14 July 2019 (Week 28)
Greetings to you all,
Greetings to you all,
Is Your Name on the List to Help at the McKenna & Scott 10km?
(If your answer is NO! Speak to me – Kaare James (0724448082)
What’s on the running calendar for the week
Monday 08 July to Sunday 14 July 2019
Thurs 11 July – Braai – Nite – The Club
Details later in the week
Sat 13 July – Brackenfell 15km – P’nP Hypermarket
Please note the venue has changed to – Brackenfell Centre, Old Paarl Rd.
The 15km starts at 07h15 and a 5km fun run/walk at 07h25. Entries will be taken at the start. This is a club incentive run. Who remembers Helling Road? It is a hill.
Sat 13 July – Club Run 21km – Pinelands
The CTM training program’s long run is 21km from Pinelands to Top Gate and back. Starts in the cricket car park at 07h30.
Dion will not be there on Saturday but will be there on Sunday. So there is an option Sat. or Sun. Bear in mind there is Cross Country on Sunday.
If you want to run on Sunday, please let Dion know.
Sat 13 July – “Run the Vines “no 5 – Vrede & Lust Vineyards
5km, 10km and 17km trail runs. www.onsite-events
Sun 14 July – 4th Cross Country League – Somerset West
This is a new venue, please note it is not in Gordon’s Bay but in Somerset West.
Take the N2 through Somerset West, turn right into Broadlands Road. Follow the cross country signs.
The 15km in Eersteriver on Saturday was cold and windy but the support was good – 1300 finishers. Nancy was second in her age category.
The CTM training group on Saturday was once again well supported – 24
The run along the Table View beachfront to Big Bay and back was pleasant, overcast with a slight wind at times.
- Club’s Marathon Training Program:
Week Nine is:
Monday 8km; Tuesday Rest; Wednesday 10km;
Thursday 5km time trial; Friday rest; Sat. 21km
WhatsApp group. The link is https://chat.whatsapp.com/CB75PXZz60pLjF44nab891
- The McKenna & Scott 10 km ( 4 August) is organized by the club. The response for helpers is slow, more are needed, please contact :
Tim Siebritz ( 0828833184) for marshals.
Mel and Henry du Plessis ( 0835658582) for registration.
Still needed are people to assist with:
Tog Bag Security
- Entries for the Cape Town Festival of Running close 10 July. This is for the 100km, 50km, 21km and relay.
- Entry forms for the PPC Riebeek Bergmarathon (3 August) must be in by 22 July. Online entries see www.championchip.co.za
- The Nantes 10km which was to have taken place on 27 April, will now be held on Tuesday 24 Sept. (Heritage Day)
Make a note of this as it is still a club short incentive.
- The venue of the Brackenfell 21km (27 July) has been moved to the Curro Meridan School, Uitzicht (after Cape Gate on the Okavango Road.)
- The Landmarks 21km (3 Nov.) will replace the cancelled Atlantis 21km (10 August) as a club long incentive run.
- Online entries for the Satori Camel Run (1 Sept.) open on 19 July. see www.racetraq
- The list for timekeepers at Thursday time trials is empty.
The list is on the wall next to the bar. Please add your name on a date which will suit you. Regular time trial runners can sacrifice one Thursday.
PLEASE DO NOT LITTER – if you see runners littering remind them about this and/or report them to the race officials.
NB!! You are reminded about the club’s appeal for assistance with:
- Transporting the club’s gazebo to the race events.
- Assisting with the time keeping of the weekly time trials.
- Respecting the neighbours of the club when leaving the clubhouse at any time of the day or night by keeping the noise level down.
- If you can assist in any way please contact email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
Weekly club group runs:
- Monday to Friday at 05h15 (10-12km) from the BP garage on Forest Drive (the pace is fairly quick)
- Monday, Wednesday and Friday at 05h30 (about 10km) a slower group meet in the parking area opposite the bowling club in St Stephens Road.
- Mondays at 18h00 from the club – 10km around Pinelands (slower groups are formed)
- Tuesdays at 18h00 – Hill Repeats. (Meet at the club)
- Wednesday at 18h00 from the club – 12km to UCT (slower groups are formed)
- Thursdays at 18h00 – 5km + 2.5km Time Trials at the club.
- At times special group runs are arranged, for info send your name and cell number to email@example.com.
Your name will be added to the Pinelands Running Club “WhatsApp” group.
Training with Mercia:-
- General training/ Hill training – Meet 18h00 – Mondays at the club.
- Core and stretching exercises Tuesdays at 18h00 Pinelands Civic Hall (Next to the tennis courts)
- Cross Country Training – Meet 18h00 – Wednesdays at the club.
Fixtures for June/July 2019
13 July – Brackenfell Centre 15km (Club Incentive)
14 July – 4th Cross County League – Somerset West off Broadlands Rd.
20 July – Cape Town Festival of Running – 100km + 50km + Relay
21 July – Cape Town Festival of Running – 21km (Club Incentive)
21 July – Cape Winter Trail Series 1 – Paul Cluver
27 July – Brackenfell 21km – (Club Incentive)
28 July – 5th Cross Country League – Elfindale – Princess Vlei
28 July – Cape Winter Trail Series 2 – Tyberberg
01 Aug. – Helpers 10km – McKenna & Scott
03 Aug – PPC Riebeek Bergmarathon
03 Aug – 6th Cross Country League – Silverstroom Strand
04 Aug – McKenna & Scott 10km
04 Aug – Cape Winter trail Series 3- Paarl
09 Aug – Totalsports Womens 10/5km
10 Aug – Atlantis 21km (Cancelled)
10 Aug – Cape Winter Trail Series 4- Kleinmond
17 Aug – Puffer Ultra Trail Run
17 Aug – WP Cross Country Champs- Fairmont High School, Durbanville
18 Aug – John Korasie 30km (Club Incentive)
24 Aug – Tru-Cape 21km – Elgin
24 Aug – Langebaan 21km/10km/5km
25 Aug – Khayelitsha 10km (Club Incentive)
25 Aug – Blisters for Bread – Green Point
31 Aug – West Coast 21km/10km (21km = Club Incentive)
Forthcoming Road Events/ Trail Runs which can be entered on line now:
13 July = Brackenfell Centre 15km see www.Webtickets.co.za
20 July = Cape Town Festival of Running – www.capetownfestivalofrunning.org.za
03 Aug = PPC Riebeekberg 42/21/10 see www.champoinship.co.za
09 Aug = Totalsports Womens 10km see Totalsportswomensrace.co.za
18 Aug. = John Korasie 30km see www.racetraq.co.za
25 Aug = Blisters for Bread 10km + 5km see entries @ topevents
14 Sept 2019 = Cape Town Marathon see Top Events entries are now open.
12 Oct. = Van Loveren Vineyards Trail Runs 15k/10k see Entrytime .com
13 Oct. = Hope Hike Trail Runs 10k/5k/3k – Blaauwklippen Wine Estate see https://www.enter.entryninja.com
20 Oct. = Gun Run 21km + 10km see Top Events