18 March to 24 March 2019 (Week 12)
Greetings to you all,
What’s on the running calendar for the week
Monday 18 March to Sunday 24 March 2019
21 Mar. – TYGER RUN/WALK 21km+10km – Tygervalley
The 21km starts at 06h00 the 10km at 06h45 both from Entrance 9 of the Shopping Centre.
No late entries will be taken.
- Thurs 21 Mar. There will be time trial as usual.
- 23 Mar. – WESKUS 42km/21km/10km – Langebaan, the marathon starts at 06h45 from inside the West Coast National Park. The last bus to the start leaves the Langebaan Country Club at 05h30.
The 21km and 10km start from the Langebaan Country Club, the 21k at 06h45 and the 10k at 07h00. All the runs finish at the Langebaan Country Club. The 42k and 21k are club incentive runs. No late entries will be taken except for the 5km fun run.
- 24 Mar. – VOET OF THE WINE 21km + 10km. This run will now take place on 14 April.
The Ravensmead 15km on Saturday was run in cool weather becoming warmer as the morning progressed. It was a record for the host club with 1585 finishers. The club turnout was also very good, again a number of new faces were to be seen. Nancy and Marlene were second and third respectively in their age category. During the lucky draws the name Pinelands was called 10 times, three were there to collect.
Just over 1500 finishers braved a cold, misty Tygerberg 30km on Sunday morning. The climb up “big mama” was not very visible due to the mist.
Nancy was first in her age category, while Marlene was third in hers.
- On Saturday 13 April there will be a braai to “Welcome New Members” at the club. Further details will be made known. Before the braai there will be “Operation Clean-up” around the club.
- Entries for Weskus 42km, 21km + 10km close at Midnight on Monday 18 March. The marathon is limited to 1480 entries.
No late entries will be taken.
- The substitution date for the Two Oceans has been extended to 25 March.
- PLEASE DO NOT LITTER – if you see runners littering remind them about this and/or report them to the race officials.
NB!! You are reminded about the club’s appeal for assistance with:
- Transporting the club’s gazebo to the race events.
- Assisting with the time keeping of the weekly time trials.
- Respecting the neighbours of the club when leaving the clubhouse at any time of the day or night by keeping the noise level down.
- If you can assist in any way please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
Weekly club group runs:
- Monday to Friday at 05h15 (10-12km) from the BP garage on Forest Drive (the pace is fairly quick).
- Monday, Wednesday and Friday at 05h30 (about 10km) a slower group meet in the parking area opposite the bowling club in St Stephens Road.
- Mondays at 18h00 from the club – 10km around Pinelands (slower groups are formed)
- Tuesdays at 18h00 – Hill Repeats. (Meet at the club)
- Wednesday at 18h00 from the club – 12km to UCT (slower groups are formed)
- Thursdays at 18h00 – 5km + 2.5km Time Trials at the club.
- At times special group runs are arranged, for info send your name and cell number to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your name will be added to the Pinelands Running Club “WhatsApp” group.
Training with Mercia:-
- General training – Meet 18h00 – Mondays at the club.
- Core and stretching exercises Tuesdays at 18h00 Pinelands Civic Hall (Next to the tennis courts)
- Hill training – Meet 18h00 – Wednesdays at the club.
Fixtures for March 2019
21 Mar – Tyger Run/ Walk 21km + 10km ( Tygervalley Shopping Centre)
21 Mar – Club Run (20k) Kalk Bay – This run is cancelled due to the Weskus 42k+21k on Saturday.
23 Mar – Weskus 42k/21k/10k (Langebaan) – Club Incentives 42k+21k
31 Mar – Slave Route Challenge (Bo-Kaap) Club Incentives 21k+10k
Forthcoming Road Events/ Trail Runs which can be entered on line now:
23 March 2019 = Weskus 42k/21k/10k see www. weskusmarathon.co.za
24 March 2019 = Swallows Trail Run ( Warwick Wine Estate) see www.trailrun.dirtopia.co.za.
06 Apl. = Leap Frog 21km see entryninja co.za or enter at Checkers or Shoprite. (this run is in Gordon’s Bay)
06 Apl. = Labourwise 10km see entryninja co.za or enter at Checkers or Shoprite. ( This run is also in Gordon’s Bay)
07 Apl = Central 10km see Topevents (online) or Sportsmans Warehouse (Rondebosch and Tygervalley only) for cash entry.
07 Apl -. Cape Town Big Walk 5km+10km + 8km fun run see www.webtickets.co.za
01 May 2019 = Safari 21km +10km see Topevents + Trail Runs
12 May 2019 = Change of Season Trail Run ( L’Avenir Wine Estate) see www.trailrun.dirtopia.co.za
19 May 2019 = FNB Cape Town 12. Entries are open see www.thecapetown12.com
26 May = Spar Women’s 10km see www.topevents.co.za
22 June = Mamre 21km see www.topevents.co.za
29 June = Knysna 42k/21k – online entries only – open 4 March 42k limited to 1250 and 21k to 7350 see www.knysnamarathonclub.com
30 June 2019 = Mid Year Trail Run (Muratie Wine Estate) see www.trailrun.dirtopia.co.za
07 July 2019 = Victoria Falls 42/21 see www.vicfallsmarathon.com
14 Sept 2019 = Cape Town Marathon see Top Events entries are now open.