Weekly diary for week 48 of 2020
Pinelands Athletic Club
A reminder about the AGM on Thursday 26 November at 19h00.
Please will all club members planning to attend the live AGM at the Methodist Church, forward their name, ID number and contact number to Ruth (email@example.com or Whatsapp to 0824171855) no later than Wednesday 12.00 noon, so that a register complying with Covid protocols can be drawn up.
The venue is the Methodist Church Hall, Ridge Way, Pinelands and simultaneously at Microsoft Teams
(to attend via Teams – Contact Ruth Leverton at above details for necessary url)
So far the following events are taking place in November and December.
- The “Amazing Race/Run” is coming to PAC
- President’s Run
- Early morning pyjama run
The 10km in Paarl which was to have run on Saturday was cancelled at the last minute.
15 December – Sundowner 10km (Waterfront) this has also been cancelled.
Sat. 5 December there is a Cross Country event at Youngsfield Military Base. There will be four x 5km runs = junior men and women (16-19 years) entry R30.00 Men and Women (21-59 years) Entry R50.00 Entries online only – limited to 500 entries.
There are a few Track & Field events also taking place in November and December.
During January – March 2021 there will be a few races taking place. However there will be limits:
The Red Hill 36/42km limited to 450. Century City 10km limited to 300 on the actual route – but there will be an app. which means you can run anywhere. Negotiations are underway with the Council regarding the Peninsula 42/21km iro numbers etc.
The Bay to Bay will be virtual – 30/10/5 km. There is uncertainty regarding Two Oceans 2021
- The Two Oceans Marathon NPC – AGM will take place on 9 December 2020
CLUB GROUP RUNS
* Mondays & Wednesdays at 17H00 and 18h00 for those who want to run later.
* Meet in the Pinelands Cricket Club car park.
* Social distancing must be observed. Groups must be in fours. A face mask is a must.
Social Trail Runs
Dion Stevens arranges easy trail runs in the Newlands Forest or Cecelia Forest – mostly on a Sunday. (Walkers are welcome) Give your name to Dion (0827308320) he will add your name to the “Social Trail Runs” WhatsApp group advising details. Please wear a face mask.
Training with Mercia: NB Mercia’s times have changed to 17h00
Mercia Smith has started up her weekly training sessions, which are as follows:
1. Mondays – 17h00 – Core and Strengthen exercises – behind the Pinelands Civic Hall.
2. Tuesdays – 17h00 – Sprint/Speed Training – Car Park at Pinelands Station.
3. Wednesdays – 17h00 – Hill Repeats – Uitvlugt.
4. Thursdays – 17h00 – Sprint/Speed training – Pinelands Station
5. Fridays – REST
6. Don’t forget your mask! .
* Run For A Child – 6 Hour Challenge
12 December – Iris House Stikland – Bellville
R200.00 per entry www.runforachild.co.za
There are a number of virtual runs in the pipeline.
- RCS – GUGS VIRTUAL 10km + 4.2km
16 December – Entry R50.00 @ Entrytime.com
- HOHENORT 5km/10/15km Virtual Run 2021 + 10km Walk
Enter via Top Events, entries close 31 Dec.
Entry fee is R70.00 (with socks)
Can run/walk between 4 and 9 January 2021
You can still run your own time trial and submit your time as usual.
23 Nov. = Cheryl Faull
25 Nov = Andrew Trench
26 Nov. = David Rhodes
26 Nov = Heather Pienaar
28 Nov = Denzil Jacobs
28 Nov = Vernon Murtz
29 Nov = Ray Van Der Scholtz
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU ALL