Weekly diary for week 42 of 2021
Well done to all who rode the Cape Town Cycle Tour on Sunday, hopefully all had a good ride in enjoyable weather.
GOOD NEWS: The weekly Time Trials (2.5km &5km) are back!
Thursday 21 Oct at 18h00 at the club.
The bar will be open, please note NO CASH – Snap Scan yes
The kitchen will NOT be open.
The clothing store will also be open, but also NO CASH. :Snap Scan yes
Covid-19 regulations will be in place, hand sanitation will be available, the wearing of face masks is a must.
CAPE TOWN MARATHON – Sunday 17 October
Good luck and run well to all who will be running. Enjoy being back on the road listening to stories from other runners. There are a few novices from the club, go well, don’t start off too fast, pace yourself – the marathon starts at 32km? It is not known exactly how many club members will be running, but should be a fairly large number.
Good vantage points will be Rondebosch Common and Liesbeeck Parkway.
- Sat 16 Oct – CT Marathon Trail Runs (22km + 46km)
- Sat. 16 Oct – CT Marathon Virtual Runs
5km Virtual Fun Run
10km Virtual Peace Run
21km Virtual Run
To enter: see https://capetownmarathon.
* The club’s Virtual Incentive for this week is:
Sat/Sun – 16/17 Oct = CT Marathon 10km/21.1km/42.2km
Post your finish times to by 12 noon on Monday to:
Please note: If you are running in the actual CT Marathon, you can’t do this virtual incentive as well.
* The World Mental Health Virtual run is from 10 October to 17 October, over 5/10/15 /21km
STILL TO COME:
- The annual PUFFER Ultra Trail Run from Cape Point to Green Point which was postponed in August will take place on 23 October. The club will be hosting a water point at the foot of Red Hill on the day. If you would like assist at the water point, please give Chris Schnehage a call (0833268023)
- Entries are open for the ABSA City 12km Run (21 Nov)
Entry is R225.00 which includes a t-shirt. See www.thecapetown12.com to enter.
- The Club’s Virtual Incentive runs for October
Sat/Sun 16/17 Oct – CT Marathon -10km/21km/42km (For those not running the actual marathon)
Sat/Sun 23/24 Oct – Melkbos – 15km
Use the link below to post your finish times.
- The LANDMARKS 21km will be a virtual event, from 31 October until 7 November.
Distances are 21km/10km /5km Entry is R70.00
Enter with Top Events – entries close 20 Oct.
The Children’s Red Cross Hospital welcomes soft toys, colouring-in books and blow bubbles. These can be dropped off at Sportsman’s Warehouse Rondebosch and Tygervalley when collecting your Landmarks buff.
- The Grape Run 21km/14km (24 Oct) approval is awaited if this event will take place.
- The Winelands Marathon (21 Nov) There will be no marathon (42km) but the 21km and 10km will be virtual.
Entries are not open as yet.
- TANKWA TRAIL RUN – 29 April – May 2022
Near Ceres in the Cedarberg Area. Entries are now open
See www.tankwatrail.co.za for entry and costs.
CLUB GROUP RUNS (±10km)
Mondays & Wednesdays at 17h30 and 18h00.
Pace is that of the slowest runner. Normally around 6-7 min/km.
Mondays, Wednesday and Friday mornings. 05h15 and 05h30. The earlier group is quite fast (6 min/km) and the later group slower at around 7-8 min/km. There is also a group leaving at 06h30 – 7h00.
* Meet in the Pinelands Cricket Club car park for all group runs.
* A face mask is a must.
TIME TRIAL (2.5km or 5km)
You can do time trial any time Monday to Sunday. All results must be loaded by 8pm Sunday night. To upload your result, go to https://forms.gle/
Results will be published on the clubs website as well as Facebook
Social Trail Runs
Dion Stevens arranges easy trail runs in the Newlands Forest or Cecelia Forest – mostly on a Sunday. (Walkers are welcome) Give your name to Dion (0827308320) he will add your name to the “Social Trail Runs” WhatsApp group advising details. Please wear a face mask.
Training with Mercia: (All are welcome to join in)
1. Mondays – 17h30 – Core and Strengthen exercises – In the Pinelands Civic Hall. (bring a mat)
2. Tuesdays – 17h30 – Hill Repeats – Cnr. Uitvlugt./Francis Way
3. Wednesdays – 17h30 – Sprint/Speed Training – Car Park at Pinelands Station.
4. Thursdays – 17h30- Sprint/Speed training – Pinelands Station Car Park
5. Fridays – REST
6. Don’t forget your mask!